- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards fiscal matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University and must have had at least fifteen (15) years experience in a tertiary educational institution out of which he/she must have spent at least eight (8) years as a Deputy Registrar in University Administration.
- Possession of a higher degree will be an advantage. Membership of recognized professional bodies is an advantage.
Practically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate a crop of young administrative officers to be able to get the best out of them.
- Be a person with excellent physical and mental health.
- Be focused, innovative, principled and proficient in ICT.
- Must not be above sixty (60) years of age.
- The candidate for the position must be articulate and must be a dynamic administrator with unassailable integrity who promotes merit and diligence and who has not been indicted by an administrative panel or convicted by a court of law.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of Service are the same as in the Public Service and as applicable to other Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Governing Council.