Delon Jobs is helping a leading IT company in Nigeria to hire a Senior DC Optimization Manager (Lagos). The successful candidate will be responsible for helping our client in planning, organizing and managing the overall IT operation with a focus on ensuring the stable operation of the organization’s Data Center and server infrastructure.
Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Senior DC Optimization Manager’
In addition to the job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Senior DC Optimization Manager is responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of data center infrastructure, review trends of IT and data center infrastructure equipment, evaluates impact and potential requirements for data centers
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions (Ensure permanent inspection readiness of data centers)
- Provide technical leadership to an onsite team of employees in aligning goals and ensuring targets are met. Ensure efficient and effective delivery of operational plans based on agreed IT processes, standards and tools.
- Use Data Analytics best practices to review Incident Management, Data Center Information Management (DCIM) and Managed Services data to discover trends and opportunities for service improvement.
- Support the definition and implementation of Data Center strategies and plans. Supports projects related to data centers, data center consolidation and operations.
- Actively support the reduction of manual interventions on IT infrastructure by analyzing current situations and documenting impact. Plan and perform manual interventions on IT infrastructure as defined and agreed.
- Coordinate and schedule change requirements between IT, facilities and business requirements. Proactively assesses impact on data center and proactively discusses IT infrastructure plans/projects which might influence DC space with all relevant parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, business or related fields (Minimum of 2nd class Lower)
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience
- Excellent understanding and experience concerning Data Center infrastructure
- Very good general understanding of IT technologies, support and operations
- Excellent understanding of all Data Center security and safety related aspects
- Project management experience a plus
- Available to travel when the need arise.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skill
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Customer, quality, and delivery focused
- Project management
- Time management