Job SummaryDelon Jobs is helping Africa’s leading integrated digital, payments and commerce company to hire Software Tester in Lagos. The successful candidate will carry out end-to-end stress testing of system software and code during the development phase, and secure full functionality of key features of the code. Our client needs a tactical officer who will report to the Team Lead, Software Testing within the Quality Assurance Unit. Gross salary is between 5.2M-7M per annum.
Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you make your email subject ‘Software Tester’
Job Description:In addition to the job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform applications software tests and monitor, diagnose, and correct performance issues.
- Design software testing specifications, scripts and scenarios for approval by Team Lead, Software Testing and leverage programming knowledge to recognize and resolve potential operational issues during development phase.
- Carry out end-to-end stress testing, performance testing, functional testing, and scalability testing of system software and code, with reference to test scripts and scenarios.
- Run manual and automated tests, in different environments including web and mobile.
- Develop and submit bug reports to Team Lead , Software Testing
- Evaluate software code against coding assessment framework, and secure continuous functionality of key features (i.e. looping, branching, and list processing).
- Collaborate with team of fellow Software Testers to align on software testing progress and integration and implement mitigation measures if need be.
- Follow software testing project plan, and execute testing and troubleshooting activities within budgetary margins and timeline.
- Attend meetings with Team Lead, Software Testing, Team Lead, Software Development, and Lead, DevOps to understand client needs and incorporate software improvements during the software development phase.
- Contribute to project and programme reporting and review by preparing project/programme papers, e.g. reports and presentations.
- Work with a team of fellow software testers to draft weekly progress reports, including technical feedback on software development, and submit to Team Lead, Software Testing.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree(2.2) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in mission-critical solutions (financial preferably)
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programmes.
- Working knowledge of programming
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Action Planning
- IT Testing
- Troubleshoots Technical Issues
- Provides Technical Support
- Review and Reporting
- Project Tracking and Reporting
- Compiling and Decompiling Code