- Work to ensure that the student is engaging with the learning process.
- Implement strategies to obtain focus from the pupil.
- Work under pressure when necessary, as well as being able to display confidence and composure when managing the needs of the student.
- Deliver sessions that allow the student to think independantly.
- Offer empathy and compassion to students, as well as be sensitive to any issues that the student may be dealing with.
- Produce targets for students, that will enable them to track overall progress/attainment.
- Work towards acheiving goals for the pupil, both in the short and long term.