The poultry farm supervisor ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations. In consultation with the farm manager, a poultry farm supervisor prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers. A poultry farm supervisor also records data and creates reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and animal growth. Poultry farm work is usually year-long, and poultry farms can be found in most parts of the country.
- A poultry farm is a daily operation. This can include checking birds, collecting eggs and feeding.
- Additionally, they also perform routine maintenance on the house and watering/heating system as needed. They also utilize proper biosecurity standards when entering and exiting houses.
- Ensuring all aspects of running the farm are met
- Maintaining safe working practices
- Managing and motivating a team
- Ensuring the welfare of livestock
- Ventilation management
- Feed management
- Production performance
- The successful candidate should have experience in Chicken Breeding however someone with other poultry stockmanship experience would be considered.
- Effective people management skills
- Ability to carry out manual duties
- Proficient computer skills.
- HND qualification.
- 6 – 11 years Experience.