JOB TITLE: HEAD BAKER/KITCHEN SUPERVISOR
We are a premier dessert restaurant in the city of Lagos, offering luxury ice cream that tastes like no other! Our ice cream is produced locally using only the finest ingredients. We are seeking to employ a head baker/kitchen supervisor to join our creative team.
LOCATION: LEKKI PHASE 1, LAGOS STATE
• Cake decoration.
• Ensure the proper mixing, baking and preparation of menu items according to specified recipes, standards and guidelines.
• Preparation of cakes, other baked goods, desserts and other restaurant orders in line with given standards.
• Responsible for the training and induction of all kitchen employees.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment are kept clean an in excellent working condition
• Organizing and planning regular cleaning schedules to ensure that high levels of hygiene and sanitation are maintained in the kitchen.
• Ensure that all items produced meet the required quality standards.
• Ensure the compliance of kitchen staff with laid down policies & procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that alL kitchen records are properly updated on a timely basis.
• Proper organisation and storage of raw materials, baked goods, inventory, kitchen utensils, crockery, cleaning materials etc. in accordance with HACCP standards.
• Responsible for the overall supervision of the day to day operations of the central kitchen.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Attention to detail.
• Must be able to write, read and communicate in English fluently.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including cake baking, pastry making and cake decoration.
• At least 3 years experience in a kitchen supervisory role.
• Strong organisational and leadership skills.
• Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming standards.
• Experience in cake decorating with whipped cream, cream cheese and butter icing.
• Mathematical skills for working with simple conversions, weights and measures.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Min. HND certificate
All interested applicants should forward their Applications, CVs and a picture of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.