Delon Jobs is helping an Insurance company to hire Internal Audit Manager in Lagos. The successful candidate will be responsible for Managing and monitoring companywide internal controls to ensure the protection of the company’s assets.
Gross salary is between N7m-12m per annum. Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com, and ensure you make your email subject ‘Internal Audit Manager’
In addition to the job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the company has adequate, cost effective, and well documented internal controls
- Direct and control the current to medium and short-term strategies of the unit to achieve the Company’s objectives
- Establish internal audit framework within which adequacy/quality/adherence to company-wide internal control procedures can be assessed
- Ensure periodic checks on processes, inventories and company assets and accounts
- Ensure regular inspection of company locations in accordance with company and regulatory policies
- Flag any identified or potential violations to operational policies/procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/remedial action
- Ensure that work guide and references pertaining to functions of the unit comply with requirements of relevant statutory authorities
- Work with Directorate/Divisional/Unit Heads to ensure implementation of standard controls and up to date operational policies and procedures-Develop subordinates and monitor their performance in order to enhance their abilities and audit management skills
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2ndClass Lower)
- Chartered Accountant Experience
- 5-7 years of progressively more responsible positions in Internal Audit, preferably in a similar industry.
- Experience supervising and managing a professional staff.
- Experience in multiple industries is a plus.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.