DelonJobs is seeking to hire an experienced Secretary (Legal Practitioner) for a leading technology company located in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. The ideal candidate should be able to manage the company’s secretariat, board/management committee meetings, documents, etc., and administer the company in compliance with regulatory bodies. Interested candidates must possess a degree in Law and a master’s degree in any related course and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with 3 years in an active capacity. Salary is between N600,000 – N800,000 monthly net with other benefits. The job is onsite. To apply, kindly send your CV with the code "Secretary (Legal Practitioner) – SLP231" to email@example.com
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the company’s law and rules made there under other statutes and by-laws of the company.
- Ensure that the business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objectives as contained in its memorandum of association and the provisions of the company's law.
- Arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- Prepare legal forms, leases, and other official documents on the company’s behalf, when authorized by the board of directors or executive responsible.
- Advise, in conjunction with the company’s solicitors, the chief executive, or other executive, in respect of legal matters, as required.
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the company’s law.
- Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the company’s law.
- Convene/arrange the meetings of directors, on their advice.
- Issue notice and agenda of board meetings to every director of the company.
- Carry on correspondence with the directors of the company on various matters.
- Decide the payment of the dividend within the prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the company’s law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Team working skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of corporate governance.
- Good knowledge of drafting resolutions.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with 3 years in an active capacity.
- A degree in Law and a master’s degree in any related course
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN).